Welcome Scene is a Slunovrat speciality. You will find it outside the White Castle in a free-of-charge zone in the Castle park. This gives those visiting the Castle an opportunity to sample the festival music for free.
Those performing on the Welcome Scene need to audition for the chance to present their music to the festival audience. Welcome Scene represents a great opportunity for young and up-and-coming musicians. However, even professional and established artists register for a slot on the Welcome Scene. The performers are selected by a music journalist Milan Tesař, a Slunovrat team member Ondra Oborný, and the festival partners Frontman.cz, Radio Proglas, and Dzielnica brzmi dobrze (a project from the Polish Katowice supporting local bands).
Welcome Scene draws attention of music dramaturges and journalists. Artists performing on the Welcome Scene then have a chance to secure performances elsewhere. Another Slunovrat tradition is that one of the performers from Welcome Scene gets the opportunity to perform on one of the main festival stages the next year.
If you wish to audition for the Welcome Scene, read the instructions below, fill in the application form (in: CZ, PL, ENG) and email it to email@example.com. You can register for the audition from 1 October to 31 December 2020.
In 2020 we made a CD with selected songs from the Welcome Scene. You can listen to a compilation of songs performed on the 2020 Welcome Scene here: link. The 2019 Welcome Scene CD can be downloaded here: this file (zip, 60 MB).
Rules for those performing on the Welcome Scene / 24 – 26 June 2021
1. The festival organiser (hereafter referred to as Organiser) offers musical artists (hereafter referred to as Artist) the opportunity to perform on the Welcome Scene. The number of slots on the Welcome Scene is limited, therefore the Organiser reserves the right to select the performers without regard to the order in which the registration forms have been submitted.
2. Fill in all the boxes in the registration form. An incomplete form will not be accepted. Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2020. Put „Welcome Scene“ as the subject of the email.
3. The Artist will be informed whether they have been selected to perform on the Welcome Scene by 17 January 2021.
4. The Organizer will provide:
· a 60-minute time slot (35 minutes for the performance, 25 minutes to set up the instruments, check the sound, and vacate the stage)
· an elevated stage
· 230 V plug
· audio equipment
· promotion of the Artist on the festival website and Facebook page
· free entry to the festival
5. The Artist agrees to provide a high quality performance, observe the assigned time slot, and respect the Organiser’s and the stage manager’s instructions.
6. The Artist agrees that the Organiser can take photographs and record their performance and use the materials to promote the festival Hradecký Slunovrat.
7. The Organiser will pay the Artist a fixed rate of:
· 2,000 CZK (this includes travel expenses) to performers from the Czech Republic
· 350 PLN (this includes travel expenses) to performers from Poland
· 75 € (this includes travel expenses) to performers from Slovak Republic and other foreign countries
8. The Organiser provides refreshments (in the backstage) for the Artist.
9. The Organiser does not provide accommodation for the Artist.